Ganesh Dhamodkar (@ganeshdhamodkar) November 28, 2013
Archive for November, 2013
There is a certain nothingness for which I exist. I know this is too vague of a statement, but I am doing vague things and living vague moments and have stopped dreaming of a vague future. I am catching up on things – not people.
Dreams needed to be curtailed – I did that. Why should one dream of life when one can dream of a big home (with lavish furniture in it), etc.? I have somehow convinced myself. I can somehow manage to not miss you – not now, and not a few years later.
You remember? One of our very first coffee shop meets when we had met after my office hours – those comfy sofas, pleasant ambiance, some cricket match on TV, you – and I had told you “This is peace.” Now I have learned that that peace was not because of something “out of this world”, but it can certainly be recreated with the same sofas etc., isn’t it?
I will manage it somehow! You know “a man at 30 should know himself like a palm of his own hand etc.” I am going to be 30 soon. I cannot keep things pending. I must lose you if I cannot achieve you – and convince myself it is for better.
- Read at least five novels before a fixed date, say my birthday, July 14th.
- Decide the novels in advance, before you start the first one. No bar on language. You can select from the ones you’re thinking to read for long, but couldn’t start somehow. Get the list ready before you start actual reading.
- Obtain the books. Find some library, or buy them. Buying is easier than borrowing. You need not buy all five at once.
- See that you complete the target, and enjoy it.
- Set a higher target for next campaign.